Duty Day Program
PDS Duty Day Program
Do you need legal advice or assistance? We offer the PDS Duty Day Program. This walk-in and telephone service can help you with the following legal and collateral matters:
- Responding to an outstanding arrest warrant
- Providing representation in grand jury matters
- Assisting persons preparing for reentry into their community
- Assisting persons preparing for confinement
- Responding to questions about involuntary and civil commitment
- Recommending mental health and immigration services in D.C.
- Recommending free and low cost social programs and services
At times, Duty Day matters can result in trials and complex appellate litigation.
When we cannot provide assistance, outside service referrals will be recommended.
This program also assists D.C. Bar members with legal and social service questions to support their clients.
PDS Duty Day Hours of Operation
Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia (PDS)
633 Indiana Avenue, N.W.
2nd Floor Reception Area
Washington, D.C. 20004
Tel: (202) 628-1200 or toll-free (800) 341-2582
Walk-in (in-person) Hours: Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (excluding federal and District holidays)
Call-in Hours: Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (excluding federal and District holidays)
PDS’s Community Defender Division (CDD)
1442 Pennsylvania Avenue, S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20003
Tel: (202) 824-2801
Call-in Hours: Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (excluding federal and District holidays), or call for an appointment